Thursday, 25 September 2014

Hi all! Thanks for joining us for Rishon’s 3rd birthday. The occasion went on really well without any hiccups. Especially the weather, it was neither too cold nor rainy. All Glory to God in the highest for making it all possible. I could without any doubt say, “it was one of the happiest moments in our lives”.

I had one of my friends shared a quote with me -
“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” –William Arthur Ward.

I felt that the above statement is so true and I’m totally inspired to express my gratitude to all you guys. I know it’s going to be long and boring for you but I couldn’t help it. I have to thank you all.

Before I go any further, I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to Anupama and Priya who helped us in organizing the event. Words cannot express my feelings, nor my thanks for all your help. I would also like to appreciate my wife, Jo for her best efforts in cooking.

Our special thanks to Pastor Uncle’s family as they were with us through thick and thin all these years. We celebrated Rishon’s all three birthdays here together with them even when they were going through some tough times before. I thought that we were going to miss Jaya aunty this year however, aunty managed to come over after her work even after being so tired. We bow to you for that aunty! It was a great gesture to show your love towards us. Thank you Prince and Paula.  We missed Janet and Jennifer but that’s totally understandable though.


                                                   Rishon's 1st Birthday at home
                                                       Rishon's 1st Birthday
                                                       Rishon's 2nd Birthday


Special thanks to Bhaskar Uncle and Swarna Aunty. It was really a pleasure to have you at our place. It was quite remarkable that you managed to be here in spite of having such busy schedules and totally adjusted within the small space. It was truly a very pleasant surprise for us.


A very special thanks to Kurian anna and Cynthia akka for coming over from such a far place and spending quality time with us in spite of having to go work the next morning. It was such an honour for us to have you here.

Rishon's 1st Birthday

Thanks to Ajay anna, Manju akka for being with on all three occations with your family. Thanks for inspiring Jo to go for Biriyani. Ajay anna, I appreciate you being here and checking with us to see how we’re going. Manju akka, Jo told me that your kind and thoughtful words encouraged her in cooking. She told me that you said, “You are cooking for YOUR kid, I can imagine how much LOVE you’d put in. There’s no chance for it to fail” when she was a bit scared about cooking. Those words were truly inspiring akka.

                                                         Rishon's 2nd Birthday

Thanks to Raju anna and Merlyn to be with us. I know you’re going through one of the roughest phases of your life and still managed to be with us and kept smiling. Raju anna, I still cannot forget how you helped me in Rishon’s 1st birthday celebrations. Thank you so much for everything anna. God will help you in getting out of your troubles soon.


Thank you Anand anna and Jyothsna akka for coming over with the kids and adjusting yourselves within the small space here and never complaining about anything.


Thank you Suresh anna and Shanthi for coming over. Thank you for all the moral support you gave us. Your readiness to help and caring is commendable.


Thank you Sunil anna and Rajani akka for being a part of our family and always being there for us when we needed. Thank you Sunil anna for being with me for the whole shopping. I can’t thank you enough for how you helped us in celebrating Rishon’s first birthday.

                                                       Rishon's 1st Birthday

Thank you Pramod anna for being here with your wife even in such condition. I truly appreciate that.


Thank you Sam and Asha for joining us. You’re another family who were with us in all the three occasions. Thanks for all your support. Thank you Sam for the music.

                                                       Rishon's 1st Birthday
                                                     Rishon's 2nd Birthday

Thank you Praneeth and Anupama for all your help on the day.  Though we only knew each other for a short time, the amount of help you’ve done and the love you showed makes us feel like we’ve known you for ages. Thank you Anupama for the amazing work you’ve done. Without you we would have been cooking forever. FIY – Anupama played a key role in cooking, she was the one who has done the hard job of cutting all the vegies and doing all the dishes. She did all this voluntarily without us having to ask her. Thank you for being so humble. We’re so grateful to you.


Thank you Jimmy and Priya for all that you have done. Thank you both for taking a day off for Rishon. Thank you for such a lovely and yummy cake Jimmy. We haven’t forgotten your “Carz” cake yet and there you were with the “spider-man” cake already.


                                                          The Carz Cake

It was so awesome and tasty. I don’t know how to thank you Priya. For people who don’t know, Priya was the person who decorated the whole room with the spider-man theme. Every single balloon in the house was blown by her alone besides managing three naughty kids. That was quite an amazing job well done.


                                                         Rishon's 2nd Birthday

Thank you John and Emmy, you guys are so special to us. Thanks for all your help right from the day I got Jo and Rishon to New Zealand. I always count on you guys for help and sometimes I feel a bit ashamed of how I take you guys for granted. I hope you guys don’t take it otherwise. Thank you John for helping us set Rishon’s hair. Thank you Emmy for your plan B arrangement in case it rained. Special thanks to Vijay as well for being a part of all the three birthdays.

                                                       Rishon's 2nd Birthday

Sorry Guys for the lengthy message but I had to do it

                                                      Rishon's 1st Birthday Cake
                                       Rishon's cake at 1st Birthday Celebrations


Thank you all!!!



2 comments:

  1. Wooowwww!!! beautiful words to sum it all up anna!! Rishon is a blessed child! God bless all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete